Friday, January 11, 2008

World Drums Festival

2 weeks before the World Drums Festival, i met my biological dad for the first time after 5 longs years. it wasnt as awkward as i imagine it would be. just a few emotional turmoil. my brother admitted the day after the meet that he actually felt like crying when he saw my dad. not that my dad looks sickly or anything, just that its been sooo sooo long. and it stirred some emotions in him. for my brother to admit that its a huge thing. he never was the type who would let out. moments after, i cried. just by knowing how deep the feeling my brother is going through. *as usual* but thats that....

so for the pre-new year celebration i was with my sister and dad for the World Drums Festival (29th December 2007). it was fantastic. 8countries participated including our very own Malaysian drummers. and the beautiful part was, the collaboration is so nice and we have our very own STOMP group. they are the environmentalist of Malaysia. and they are incredibly good. and did i mention bout their conductor? wow wee. he is hot. ok stop. i cannot exaggerate as it will stir another turmoil. tee hee. the overall performances was great. cant wait for them to come again next year! all of them indeed. kudos to the organizers and performers and also who ever that made it happen.

last but not least, new year was great until the very last moment, the festival was tip top, and most important i spent quality time with papa. it made my 2007 complete. *grin*

Happy New Year 2008 and Salam Maal Hijrah.

:)

No comments: